Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week 2 Day 1

Week 2's workout consists of a brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't nervous about starting W2D1. Once I realized there wasn't less walking (as I stated in my previous post), I felt better knowing I'd have more time to catch my breath during the two-minute walk.

Unfortunately with the very first strike of my foot starting the jog, I felt aches in my knees. I hadn't felt it during the warmup walk, nor at any other point in the day. Ok... frustrating! As we continued my allergies were acting up some again, but especially near one side of the track. More frustrating! Then came soreness in my inner thighs and I knew at that point it wasn't going to stop there. It eventually spread to my hips and then I just felt like I was jogging at a snail's pace. I tried to not think about it too much and concentrated on my breathing, but I could feel my legs getting stiff. I kept going though and thankfully the intervals seemed to end sooner than I expected.

I think a number of things caused my problems, but I can't say for sure. I know I did not get a good night's sleep the night before and didn't drink nearly enough water to even slightly hydrate myself.

Today I'm all aches and pains and noticed my left knee hurts more than my right. Really hoping I'm not as sore tomorrow because I know I can do this week with no problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment