Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 1 - Day 1

So yesterday was my first day doing C25K with my fiance and I gotta say, it went quite well. The first week's workouts consist of a 5 minute warmup followed by a series of one minute jog and 90 second walking intervals then ended with a cool down. I think the total time was around 24 minutes.
Instead of trying to keep track of times with my watch, we downloaded the C25K free app which notifies you with an audible notification and a visual display on what you need to do i.e. warmup, jog, walk. I recommend it to anyone who wants to do this program. My plan was to run the app along with Pandora running the audio through my Motorola bluetooth headphones but, I forgot to charge them. There is always next time.
To most, this may be very easy but I am really enjoying it because this is designed to get me back into running gradual, which I really need right now. Its not too long that I will be in too much pain the next day but it is tasking my breathing. I did take it a little easy being the first day but now that I know what to expect and how my body reacted to it, I will push myself next time. That was the advice of a friend who conquered C25K in 2010.
It was a great feeling doing this with Susan and I was very proud of her. She must have read the day one week one description wrong because after we finished the warmup and first interval, she said 'We're done right? We just have the cool down to do now.' I smiled and explained that we just completed the first set and we have 20 minutes to go. Thought she was going to say an expletive but she's a trooper...... and there were kids around lol.
I know it was only the first day but all in all, it felt good to get back out there and doing it with Susan was the icing on the cake....... And I like Cake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment