Thursday, June 16, 2011

Week 1 Day 2 - Nobody Gonna Break My Stride

W1D2 was not my day. I only got about four and a half hours of sleep the night before because besides this goal, I've also started getting into work much earlier than I ever have before... GO ME! As my day at work progressed I noticed my legs were getting sore. Don't know if that was from inactivity, delayed reaction from Monday, and/or some other random reason. On top of that, the pollen count was pretty high, which made me sniffle while attempting to control my breathing. I struggled breathing more this time while jogging, to the point where I was wheezing some. I'm hoping that was just my allergies and not anything else. It took me a while to get my breathing back to a somewhat normal rhythm and I felt like I couldn't think straight for a little while.

As much as I wanted to, I didn't quit, but that's because Erick was going right along with me. If he had gone at his own pace (faster), as he had suggested before we started, I know I definitely would've gotten frustrated and walked when I was struggling. Thankfully this training isn't about speed, but about keeping a steady pace. Thanks for listening to my plea Erick!

So does anyone have tips on a good breathing pattern to try? I appreciate your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment