Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week 1 Day 3 Complete!

Friday was a rainy blah day, so Erick and I planned to go to the Submarine Base gym to train on their indoor track. By the time I was done with work for the day, I was feeling like a nap sounded good. He was afraid that we wouldn't want to go afterwards if we did. Thankfully when we got up the rain had stopped for a while, so we headed back to Poquonnock Plains Park. We were happy to see there were only a couple of people on the track. Erick started our timer and we were off warm up walking.

Unfortunately I had told Erick that we can enable 1-minute, 3-minute, etc. alerts to notify us of how much time we have left. The alerts just ended up confusing us and before we knew it we missed the alert to jog. So needless to say we ended up doing a much longer warm up walk this go round.

After the first set I surprisingly felt pretty good! I was thinking, ok, just wait until the next set, it'll be bad again like Wednesday (I know, very pessimistic which is not usually like me.) But the next set came and went, as did the others, and my breathing was pretty much under control and I was feeling pretty good. Before I knew it we were done!

W1D3 successfully completed with little to no problems, is it going to be like this the whole time? ...God I hope so! Next week less walking more jogging... wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment