Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week 1 Day 2&3

Day 2, 15JUN2011- I was feeling a little tightness in my legs today which I was expecting because I usually feel the effects of workouts two days later but the 5 minute walking warmup took care of that. We went back to Poquonnock Plains Park (13 Fort Hill Road, Groton , CT 0640) in Groton. As I said before, the track has a half a mile loop with soft compacted sand/gravel which feels great to run on. In the middle there is a huge field that has a couple of soccer(futbol) fields which is usually being used by various teams.I hope to take pictures of the park and post them... If I could only remember to do so.

Day 3, 17JUN2011 - I felt great on Day 3, no soreness or tightness anywhere. I was ready to go! Susan impressed me. I could tell already that she was getting acclimated to the routine. She didn't have any issues that I could see and we zipped right through the workout. I'm sure we'll have no problems when we ramp it up on Monday where the jogging intervals change from 30 to 60 seconds and the walk from 60 to 90 seconds.. Week 2 Day 1, Here We Come!!!

Some notes - What I have been trying to do is after the 5 minute warmup, have Susan take off. Usually towards the end of the first jogging interval she levels out to a good jogging pace. I then try to maintain that and act as the rabbit (pace keeper) for us and give the remaining times.

Also, I REALLY need to be cognizant of what I eat the night before. I AM getting older and I can't eat like I used to and expect to be able to perform the next day so no more appetizer sampler along with a medium pizza for dinner the night before :-/ Also, drinking a lot of water is great but I need to time it better so I don't have to go during our workouts :-/ :-/ Umm....... Yeahhhhh..........





No comments:

Post a Comment