Monday, June 13, 2011

I Like Cake.......

Please forgive me, I am not as eloquent as my beautiful Fiance but Yes, I like cake and just about any food that is not good for you....
I was once in decent shape when I was in the military but now after having two back surgeries, never a constant/continuous stint in the gym due to injuries or lack of motivation, add 15 years and a mother-in-law who loves to feed people, it was definitely time to make a change. But I am realistic and knew that the workout program had to be a gradual, safe routine with a feasible end goal which C25K seems to be. I've been wanting to do this program for some time now. Not necessarily for esthetics but for health reasons. Performance over Appearance! I am 35 years old and at the rate I am going, I will not be able to see my toes at age 45(yes, I hide it well). My family is prone to obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes. Following my mom's footsteps, the the 65 year old gym rat who has lost over 25 pounds in the last couple of months, its time to do something about it besides complianing. I want to ensure that I will be around a long time to annoy and embarrass our children when we have them :-) And the main reason is I am looking forward to doing this with my wife to be, my partner and friend. This will be a journey that we can hopefully look back on and say, we did this together :-)
Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment