Sunday, June 12, 2011

No More Excuses!!

Those that know me well know I've never been the running type and have pretty much lived a moderately sedentary adult life.  So when Erick suggested I try the Couch-to-5K (C25K) running program with him, my initial thought was what have YOU been smoking!? But then I read more about it (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) and thought about the complaining I've been doing about weight gain and flab in unappreciated areas, and how I've been procrastinating starting a gym routine and realized I have to do this!  It doesn't seem like it will be too hard.

So no more excuses, we're doing this and thankfully I know Erick will be my motivator while we accomplish this together.  I'm sure there will be struggles and pain involved because of the lazy lifestyle I've been living, but the end result will be worth it and will hopefully push me to do more.  Lord knows I'm not getting any younger and the skinny girl who could eat anything she wanted has been long gone for some time now (and is no longer the pickiest of eaters!)  One thing I want to make clear is I don't think I'm overweight, but I'm definitely out of shape and in need of a regular exercise regimen.

So during the next nine weeks we will be sharing our thoughts and progress here as we follow the C25K program.  This should be interesting...

1 comment:

  1. hooray, sounds great girl! i do hate this font though, you should change it!

    ReplyDelete