Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And Away .... We... Go....

So we survived week one-YAY! Wait a minute that means week two is next! Grrr....
Well I learned from some of my my mistakes from the previous week such as..........
Hydration -
I have been drinking close to a gallon of water while I am at work which may be a little toooo much. I find myself having to go to the bathroom in the most inopportune times such as when we are in the middle of our runs. Why is it when you really have to go to the bathroom, the closer you get to the facility, the worse it gets? I might just start investing in depends. Just a thought.....
Nutrition -
Yeah, no more appetizer platters with a side of medium sausage and pepperoni pizza for a late night dinner :-/ Could do that when I was younger but.... yeah.... Instead I have been eating a little better. Been eating smaller healthier meals but more frequently during the week. A lot of salads which I love and two eggs with tomatoes and spinach for breakfast. Oh, and Chobani or toast with peanut butter for snacks. Even though its only been 10 days, I 'feel' much better. But I still love cake! And Chocolate!!!! And Peanut butter!!!! Oh My!!!! Can someone make me a Reese's Peanut butter Chocolate Cake Please!!!!

The Workout-
Okay, we moved up from 60 seconds to 90 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds to 120 seconds walking. We did the same setup, I played the rabbit and called out times using the C25Klite app on my DroidX while Susan used the Runkeeper Pro app on her Droid to track our pace, distance and calories expended. Those of you still using Blackberrys might want to get yourself a Droid :-) The apps work great on them. Getting off subject lol... As we started the first jog, I did Not know what to expect with the new extensions of time. Susan started to feel some pain early which was a big concern to me. We talked about it but she never mentioned stopping (THAT'S MY GIRL!!!). We we slowed the pace slightly and got to work. I would call the times and she kept right with me. I gots me a trooper :-) Step after step, next thing we knew we were done.
After the cool down, I decided to do 6 minutes of 15 seconds of sprints and 30 seconds of walking intervals for roughly 8 minutes. Ask me tomorrow how I'm feeling :-/
I guess I'll end this segment by saying I'm glad I am able to do this workout with Susan. Its awesome to be able to do this with her as a team and barring any major injuries, I see us doing OUR first 5K in a couple of months!
Stay thirsty my friends..........

No comments:

Post a Comment